Friday, September 7, 2012

Half Crazy

So this weekend I've agreed to run a half marathon on Sunday with Running Buddy Colleen.  While we have both committed to running this race easy and view it as a training run, I know how I get when I pin on a race bib and cross the starting line. 

I'm entering this weekend a bit banged up.  The ball of my left foot is really hurting...to the point that I have been limping all day today.  It scares me because I don't want to do anything that will cause me serious harm, but at the same time, I seemed to do OK when I ran the track workout on Wed.  So I guess I will see how I feel on Sunday.

Even with approaching this race as a training run, this makes 3 half marathons that I'm running between now and the end of the year.  Is this too much?  Am I pushing myself too hard?  Time will tell but I do feel like I'm doing well in my training program.  There's definitely more that I could be doing, but I am happy with where I am.  Maybe by the OC Half, I'll be in a position to break 2 hours!  That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment