Sunday, September 23, 2012

Elementary 5K

I love running 5K races for many reasons.  So when Erin mentioned that her kids' elementary school was having a 5K, I was in without hesitation.  Here is a picture of me with my little ones before the race.  Grace was not happy...and the coffee mug in Ella's hand actually belongs to Stephen.  Ella was just holding it but it adds a comedic element to this picture.

Because it was a benefit for the elementary school, the race was filled with children.  The start of the race was pretty interesting.  Some of the kids decided to sprint for the first quarter mile or so...and then they stopped.  Literally just came to a screeching halt in the middle of the running path.  So it made for a very interesting race, dodging these children.  Normally I would be annoyed...I am not the most tolerant runner at the start of a race...but these are kids we're talking about, and the race does benefit their school...so I just had to smile.

Right before the start of the race, my watch began beeping "low battery".  It died before the race began.  I have not run without my watch except when Meghan made us unplug for that track workout a few weeks ago.  In a 5K, I typically need my watch to keep me from going out too fast.  Since it died, I had no idea how fast or slow I was running.

Here is a picture of me at the finish.  I like it when Stephen comes to the races because I get pictures! 

I finished with a 28:23.  It's nowhere near my fastest time, but considering I had no way to gauge my pace, I am pretty happy with that time. 

I will give a recap of the 10 miles I ran today in another entry since it's getting late and this blogger is really tired.  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment