Thursday, September 20, 2012

Let's Talk

Unless I am meeting my running group to run, I struggle to put my shoes on and go out the door for a run on my own.  And when I'm running it always feel so much harder when I'm on my own.  So what it really boils down to is that I am using my running for social purposes.  I love running and talking.  I've been told that sometimes I share a little too much when I'm running.

When there is no one with me, there's no one to talk to.  I feel like I'm all alone...and all I can think of is how much I want to be done running. 

So how do I get that same enjoyment when I run alone?  I have considered running with music to try to gain some "company" during my runs.  This is a struggle for me because I don't like running with "stuff". 

My friend Abby always runs with other people.  She gets up at 4:30 in the morning so that she can meet someone to run with.  I don't know that I have the flexibility in my schedule to do something like that, but I think that I need to do some work to try to find runners in my neighborhood.  Maybe if I'm talking and running, I'll remember that I really do love running.

No comments:

Post a Comment