Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life vs. Training

Anyone who is training for an event knows that there are many challenges with finding time to train while still conducting somewhat of a normal life.  Yesterday was an especially challenging day.  I had a 4:00 meeting that went until 5, I had to pick up Ryann from play practice, get home and changed, track practice at 6:30 and a parent meeting at 7.

I do not know when I would have been able to do my track workout if I didn't do it last night, so I needed to figure out how to get it done and still make the parent meeting.  So I went to the track at 6 and did my workout alone until the rest of the group got there at 6:30.  Of course I'll was on a different cycle than everyone else, and by the time they got going with their workout, I was just about done.  But at least there were other bodies running around the track at the same time as I was.  Ryann had already let her director know that I would be late getting to the parent meeting.  I figured if I got there by 7:30, I'll miss all the repeat stuff that I heard from last year's 2 productions and still be there in time to sign up on the parent volunteer sheets...that's all they really care about anyway!  :)

So I walked into the meeting all sweaty and stinky.  (Of course I completely forgot to grab my body spray so that I would smell nice.)  I tried to stay away from everyone during the meeting and I was as quick as possible signing up on the volunteer sheets.  Mission accomplished!

In the past, I have allowed challenges like this to keep me from running.  I allowed the excuses to dictate my training schedule.  Yesterday proved that I could fit it all in.  Sometimes it's uncomfortable (like standing in the back of the parent meeting smelling badlly) and sometimes it's inconvenient (like doing the track workout mostly alone)...but training requires dedication and a will to get it all done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment