Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dilemma of the Day

I have run the Ocean City Half Marathon 3 times and I've volunteered to help with it once.  I love this race because it was the very first half marathon I ever ran.  Plus I am so involved with the organizers of the race which makes me feel like an insider.  I have really been looking forward to running it in 2013 because I would LOVE to break 2 hours in this race.  It would be great to hit that goal in OC.

In the mail I get an invitation to my 20 year college reunion.  Yes, 20 years.  Yes, I've been trying to tell you readers that I'm old!  Guess what the date of my reunion is...yep...same day as the OC Half.

Now it is physically possible to do it all.  The half marathon is in the morning.  The race starts at 7 am.  I can be finished with the race and have time to hang out at the after party and get on the road by noon.

It's just over a 4 hour drive from Ocean City to Elizabethtown, PA, so I would get there around 4:30.  I have no idea what time the reunion starts.  (I just got a save the date in the mail.)  I'm assuming it would be a dinner.  I would definitely need a driver so that I could rest/recover in the car. 

So...am I even crazy to consider this?  I really want to do both things!  I am so annoyed that they are on the same day.  I'm soliciting advice...if you were me, what would you do?

1 comment:

  1. No - you're not crazy for considering both. Just think of all the "oo's and aah's" you'll get when you say nonchalantly, "yea, I ran a half this morning..." lol!

    ReplyDelete