Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Putting the Plan Into Place

Today I stopped by the YMCA. I had been considering several places for my swimming training.  There are advantages and disadvantages to all the options.  In the end, I decided to go with the one that was the most convenient and offered the most benefits to the family.  With all the programs the Y has for kids, free childcare and convenient location, it was hands down the winner.

So they have a master swim team (which Abby goes to) and a triathlon training group.  I have decided not to go to either of these classes.  My reasoning is simple...the times they meet are not convenient for me.  They have a ton of open lap swim times so I'll be able to go whenever I want.  I won't have anyone giving me drills or helping me with my stroke, so I will have to do some of that on my own.  But at this point, I really just need to get in the pool.  So getting access to a pool was key! 

No comments:

Post a Comment