Saturday, December 1, 2012

Planning!

I'm a planner.  I always work better when there's a plan.  That's why I'm so much more disciplined in my running when I'm following a training plan.

I've been a little out of sorts recently.  I think my recent posts show that...but now I have a plan!!!  Not a training plan but an action plan. 

Let me rewind a bit.  I had lunch with Abby this week.  I drilled her with questions about triathlons...everything from training to races to finding places to swim.  I felt so much better after talking with Abby. 

I really want to do an Olympic distance tri in 2013.  Zack (a business acquaintance who is a seasoned triathlete) recommended that I sign up for the Columbia Triathlon which is in May.  It's an Olympic distance and I have heard that the course is REALLY challenging because of the hills.  As I said to Abby, I want to continue having fun with triathlons.  I don't feel like trying to tackle that course so early on in my triathlon experience would be fun.  Maybe in 2014...

So having decided NOT to do the Columbia Triathlon, I have identified several sprint tris that I would like to do.  I'm going to run the Ocean City Half Marathon (and hopefully break 2 hours), then focus on training for my tris.  With Abby's help, I've decided where to go for swimming training and she is sending me information on indoor cycling training.  So I'm excited about that.

My 90 Days of Me is not going as well as I had planned.  But I'm getting there.  I've lost 2 pounds in a week...not great but not bad either.  At least it's going in the right direction.  And now that I will be more active with my training again, I expect those numbers to drop much faster.

YAY! I wish you could see my grin.  I love having a plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment