Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Derailed by a Foot

So I have failed in my running every day in December.  As the title of this entry states, I was derailed by my foot.  It hurts...and running makes it hurt even worse.

It's funny how some things happen.  My foot started hurting really badly and 2 days later the MMTC email chail had a topic about good foot doctors in the area.  So I took the recommendations made on that email chain and made an appointment.  Unfortunately I couldn't get in until Jan 6th.  I'm going to see if another doctor can see me earlier than that. 

My biggest worry is this Sunday.  I am participating in a run for my friend Abby who has to have surgery on Dec. 17th.  She won't be able to run for about 6 months.  So a group of us are joining Abby to celebrate her love of running.  Abby plans to run 6 miles.  I am worried about whether or not I will be able to run the entire thing because of my foot pain.

I have googled my symptoms but I haven't been able to find anything that really fits the kind of pain I've been having.  Rest hasn't seemed to help...I haven't run in a few days.  The only active workouts I've done have been swimming and cycling.

I am disappointed that I didn't complete my December challenge, but I'm even more worried about the foot pain.  I hope it's not anything too serious...

1 comment:

  1. Update: I called the foot doctor's office back and got my appointment moved up to Tuesday! YAY! It pays to ask nicely for what you want.

    ReplyDelete