Monday, December 9, 2013

Three Workouts in One Day

Last Tuesday I did three workouts in one day.  It was exhausting and I was so sore the next day, but it felt great!

Workout #1:  In the morning I did my swim class.  It is getting toward the end of the session and, while I love this class, I don't think my finances will allow me to continue with it.  Anyway, we ended up doing really fast intervals.  The pool had been drained because of a pump issue, so the water hadn't had time to warm up.  They said the temperature was 77 degrees, but it felt a lot colder than that. 

I have not watched the movie "Miracle", but several people in the class said our class was like that...when the coach made them do drills and kept yelling "again!"  We didn't have much rest time between our intervals before Pam would make us go again.  I was able to keep up until the very last interval of the class.  It was tough, but I kind of liked the workout.

Workout #2:  Then in the evening, I had my Spin90 class.  We did one legged drills for 5 minutes on each leg.  I felt pretty strong the entire time!  Considering how awful I was at one legged drills just a few weeks ago, this is a major improvement. 

Workout #3:  John had invited a cross training coach to the end of class so I was really excited.  It turns out that it was the same guy that came to our outdoor class this summer.  I really liked him in the summer when he worked with us on our running form.  This time, he was focused on core strengthening...EXACTLY what I need!

He said that the worst core exercise is a sit-up.  I've never done yoga, but the moves that he was doing with us really made me think this is what yoga might be like.  I could tell while I was doing them that they were working and that my abs would be sore the next day.  I was right!

So I did not run that day, but I feel like three workouts totally makes up for not running!

No comments:

Post a Comment