Monday, December 2, 2013

Slow Start

Today was the first day of the running challenge.  I got up early and got my running stuff on.  Then the dog decided that she needed to go out.  OK, I figured I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  She needs exercise too, after all!

We went about a mile, although I'm not sure you can count what we did as running.  She stopped at every post, fire hydrant, trash can, bush and twig along the way.  She loves to smell the outdoors...every single thing in the outdoors!  I can't blame her...she's cooped up in the house most of the day and only has these short walks/runs in which to explore the world.  But it's not exactly conducive to running.

So when we actually were running, it was fun.  We were running at a good pace and nothing hurt!  I was actually pain free while running.  My back didn't hurt, my knees were fine and I almost forgot about the pain in the arch of my foot.  Now if I could only keep that going for a few miles, it would be great!

December Running Challenge Day 1: 1 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment