Monday, December 23, 2013

It's on the Books

I just got all of my doctor appointments scheduled.  My surgery is set for Feb. 19th.  This way, I'll be finished with all the travel for Ryann's auditions before the surgery.  So the schedule is as follows:

-Surgery Feb. 19th.  In a boot.
-2 weeks with no driving - can drive after March 5
-4 more weeks in the boot - April 2nd released from boot
-can swim immediately
-can bike if comfortable after 2 weeks - April 16th
-can run after 4 weeks - April 30th


I will definitely need at least 2 months to get race ready...no races before July 1.  Just to be safe, I will probably avoid signing up for races until I have started training again in late April.  Who knows what my recovery timeline is going to look like!

I wish I didn't have to wait until February to have the surgery, but it doesn't make sense to try to do it before all the travel for Ryann's auditions.  It's better to be a little bit patient...of course that is a trait that I am lacking.

I have decided that during my "boot" time, I am going to focus on my core strength.  I'm going to work with Clara to design ab exercises that don't have any stress on my feet but that will develop that area.  Hopefully with some focused attention on the core, I won't have the back issues that I had this year.

The other goal is to get as much pool time in between now and the surgery.  Swimming doesn't hurt my foot like cycling and running do...so I'm going to swim to stay in shape.  I can't just be a lump like I have been for the past 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment