Sunday, December 1, 2013

Running Challenge

I figured out a way to get myself out of this lazy rut.  I'm going to challenge myself to run every day in December.  This is not going to be easy for several reasons...

-it's cold and I hate the treadmill
-I have not run since the half IronMan
-it's cold
-December is a very busy month
-it's cold
-on Tuesdays, I swim in the morning and have Spin90 class in the evening.  A double workout is bad enough...make it a triple and I'm not sure I am up for that
-it's cold
-Today is December 1st and it's 9:21 and I haven't run today...although I've been running up and down the stairs doing laundry all day...does that count?
-did I mention it's cold???

OK, so I'm giving myself a pass for today since I didn't come up with this challenge until now.  But as a consolation, I will include a run even on the days that I have swimming and Spin90. 

For clarification, this does not mean that I will have a long run every day.  Some days it will only be a mile.  Other days it will be a lot longer.  But I will run every day.  I will report on my progress here...this will help keep me accountable.

Yes, I understand the need for a rest day.  I also understand that I need to stop being lazy.  I have a feeling that there will be a lot more 1 mile days than long mileage days.  We shall see!!!

So who is with me?  Are you up for running every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment