Sunday, December 15, 2013

Run for Abby

This morning I woke up with the intention of running with Abby.  I have known Abby for almost 14 years.  She has been a co-worker, friend, mentor and support.  She is the kind of person who would do anything for her friends.  I'm lucky to be someone she considers a friend.

Abby has to have surgery on her ankle/foot on Tuesday.  She was originally told that she would not be able to run again.  Luckily she got a second opinion who has a different prognosis...only about 6 months of no running.  She was relieved.

So this morning a group of Abby's friends got together to run with her for the last time before her surgery.  I tested my foot a little bit in the neighborhood before heading to Centennial Lake to meet the group.  I knew almost immediately that I wouldn't be able to run.  I was so disappointed but I know that staying off my foot is the best thing until I know what's going on with it.

When I pulled into the parking lot and saw everyone, I really wanted to run.  I didn't...but I really wanted to.

Cassandra was there.  She has recently gone through a foot injury and was in a boot for several months.  I talked to her about my foot injury.  She was concerned that I was seeing a podiatrist and not an orthopedist.  I guess I just assumed that if it's a foot problem, you should automatically see a podiatrist.  I'm going to see what the podiatrist says, but keep an open mind about getting a second opinion.

I am anxious to see what happens on Tuesday.  I have a feeling that there might be a boot in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment