Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Biker Babe

My pretty new bike and I went to my Spin 90 class last night.  John warned me that he was going to "tear apart my legs".  I had no idea how much harder the class would be when I could actually participate!

I am getting really good at clipping into the pedals.  My problem is getting out of them.  This is a little troublesome since when I'm riding outside and not on a stable trainer, I will have to unclip before I fall over.  This could be quite a challenge for a clumsy girl like me.

I felt really good about the class until he had us doing stand up drills.  I couldn't hold myself up.  I'm not sure if it's because we did this at the end of the class and my legs were jello by then, or if I am just really weak and not able to hold myself up.  I think maybe it was a little of both.

Two big disappointments: First, my feet still went numb.  I was really hoping that the fact that the new bike fits me so much better would alleviate the numbness.  Second, my butt hurt badly.  I know that "seat time" on a bike is not exactly the same as sitting on the sofa, but I didn't expect so much pain with the new bike.

Today my legs are pretty angry with me.  It's partly the workout that Clara and I did on Monday, but most of it is the Spin 90 workout from last night.  I hope I am able to walk tomorrow!

I am a little apprehensive about the upcoming workouts in Spin 90...I'm also very excited.  I am enjoying discovering the good and the bad on the bike.  This is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment