Wednesday, January 2, 2013

YAY Track!

I can't believe I'm saying this...YAY Track!

It's cold and windy out, but still I'm saying...YAY Track!

I haven't run for 2 weeks, and yet...YAY Track!

I have a ton of things to do around my house...YAY Track! (OK, that one was easy....I'll do just about anything to avoid unpacking and cleaning.)

I'm not fully recovered from a bout with the stomach flu.  This worries me a little, but I'm still saying...YAY Track!

I am not normally excited about track practice.  I see track practice as something very important in my training program.  As a matter of fact, I will miss my other scheduled runs, but there are 2 workouts per week that I rarely miss...the long runs on Saturday mornings and Wednesday nights at the track.  In Ocean City, I saw track as a sprint workout.  It was short, fast and really, really hard.  We ran all out for each and every interval.  Here we have a much more disciplined approach to speed workouts.  We run more mileage and we run at race pace vs. the all out sprint I was doing in OC.  I do have to say that my 5K times were much more impressive in OC, but my half marathons have felt better with this type of training.

But the real reason why I'm so excited for track is that I can't wait to see my running friends.  I have missed them.  I've missed feeling like part of a group.  My motivation is stale and my training has basically stalled.  I am so excited to go to track practice tonight and jump start my 2013 training!  And see my friends...that's really important to me too.

My blog might take on a different form in 2013.  I am going to track more of my training through my entries.  So if you continue to read, you will see not only race recaps and random thoughts that I have about running, but you will get to read about my daily workouts...what I'm doing or NOT doing and why...what I like and what I really don't like...what seems to be working the best. 

I will also be tracking my weight and BMI for my own purposes.  I will indicate it here just to keep it with everything else, but I will not turn this into a diet blog.  I am hoping that eating better and increasing my exercise level will lead to positive results in that area, but it is not my main goal.  I am focused on becoming a better all around athlete and improving my performance in half marathons and triathlons.

So, I hope you have set some realistic but challenging goals for yourself in 2013.  I will detail mine as we get into the year...I'm not so much a New Year's resolution type...but I am definitely a goal setter.  Now I have to shut down my computer and head to the track.  YAY Track!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment