Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Highs

Friday afternoon I went to Princeton Sports to look at a bike.  John, my Spin 90 instructor, works there and showed me a few bikes that would meet what I'm looking for.  I narrowed it down to my favorite bike, a Cannondale Synapse. 

John got a grin on his face and asked if I wanted to take it for a test drive.  Unfortunately it had been raining so the parking lot was wet.  I knew the if I rode a brand new bike with brand new (slippery) tires on a wet road, I'd be in trouble.  So we decided to wait until Sunday when the weather was supposed to be better.  Today is Sunday.  It's foggy and a little drizzly...which means wet roads once again.  Boo...still no bike...but I am still SO excited about it.  I love the bike and can't wait to bring it home!

Saturday morning I met the CCR group at the store for our weekly long run.  Erin and I decided to run with Meghan and Andi during the first portion of their run.  We were targeting about 7 miles and they were doing 15.  I was testing the knee band that Dr. Grady had suggested for me.  It worked really well when it stayed in place.  Unfortunately I had to fix it several times. If it moved down even a centimeter, the knee pain came right back.

Whenever we run from the store, it's a super hilly course.  These hills are good for training...they definitely prepared me for the hills in the Baltimore half...but they really took it out of me on Saturday.  However, when Erin and I made it back to the store, I felt so good about finishing the distance.  We had covered 7.7 miles...and even though it was a really slow pace, I was able to run the whole way with the exception of fast-walking the last hill.

I typically don't talk sports on this page, so I will just briefly note that a particular high occurred on Saturday when the Ravens beat the Broncos.  GO RAVENS!

Sunday Ryann and I went to the Y and took a Zumba class. I would rank it pretty low as far as a workout, but it was fun to do something active with my oldest daughter.  Hopefully the subsequent classes will get more challenging since this was only the first class.  I do have to say that it was good for me since I went to the class with really sore hips from running hills...and I left with less sore hips.  So that was a positive outcome.

So when I go to work tomorrow and people ask "how was your weekend", I can honestly say "it was great"!

No comments:

Post a Comment