Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mileage Monday...a day late!

So I have been reading an amazing running blog for about a year now.  www.tallmomontherun.com  If you really want to be inspired and find out great information on products, etc, that blog is amazing.  Anyway, Tall Mom has a challenge for her readers to run 1000 miles in a year.

I have taken that challenge and asked Colleen and Barry to join me.  After talking with Lisa, I thought it would be awesome to modify that challenge for our group.  Because there are so many different levels of ability, I decided that each person should set their own goals and I would agree to track everyone's progress.  I love doing stuff like this!  It's fun to hear each person's weekly struggles with finding time for exercise and how they overcome those struggles. 

Every Monday I will be posting our progress...hence mileage Monday.  It just took me a day longer to get everything "post ready" but every week from here on out the chart will be posted.  Here are our results:
 Great job to Jeannie!  She has been the leader for % of yearly goal completed for 2 weeks in a row.  Her goal is 100 miles this year and she is walking, running and swimming those miles.  Colleen has the most miles covered so far and her yearly goal is 1000 miles.  Colleen's miles are accomplished through running and swimming.  The biggest mover this week is Michelle.  She jumped up to third place!  I'm so proud of everyone's progress and I'm thrilled to be tracking their accomplishments.

2 comments:

  1. Come and get me if you can, Michelle!!!! Great job to the entire group:-)

    Thank you to Karen for this blog. It keeps my motivation going!!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds fun! maybe i'll start logging my mileage too!

    kate

    ReplyDelete