Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Recap and Mileage Monday

Since I've started waiting tables, I have found that I have very little time to update this blog.  I apologize if there is actually anyone out there reading this on a regular basis!  Just kidding...I know my mother reads it.  Hi Mom!

Saturday was a windy morning and the running group met at 7 at the bagel shop.  We were joined by Tammie who is one of the members of my mileage tracking group.  It was the first time she had come to play with the running group.  We were so excited to see her and she did a GREAT job!  We hope she joins us again soon.

Barry and Lisa ran a mile carrying sandbags as part of their training for the Tough Mudder.  Even with the sandbags, they were faster than Colleen and me!  I will post pictures of them with the sandbags as soon as I remember to download the photos from the camera.  (Again sorry for the lack of time)

Colleen and I were both struggling with some knee pain which caused us to end our run earlier than we had planned.  We both agreed that it was better to cut the mileage short instead of pushing it and hurting ourselves worse.  It is great to have a running buddy to bounce concerns and ideas off of!  Thanks Colleen!

Sunday was swimming practice.  I had missed the last 2 weeks so it was good to get back in the pool.  During my warm up laps, I was really struggling to get back to a good breathing routine.  But once we got into the workout portion, I felt better.  Coach Kelly has been telling me to drop my head when I'm swimming.  I finally felt the difference in my body when I dropped it as far as she wanted me to.  I could feel myself straightening out and I realized I was going faster without any extra effort.  Wow!  I am amazed at how she handles so many different ability levels and makes everyone feel like she is focused on them.  Thanks Coach Kelly!

Here is the chart for this week's mileage.  Tammie has been doing a great job and I've nudged her to reconsider her goal.  I think she could easily hit a more challenging goal.  Great job to everyone!  We are really making progress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment