Friday, February 18, 2011

Tempo Training

Confession time!  Our core group (Barry, Colleen and me) met a few weeks ago with Lisa to discuss our training plan for the half marathon.  We were concerned about making sure that we were doing the right things to achieve the goals we have set.  One of the problems with our training plans was trying to fit in a tempo run.  Lisa came up with the idea to have a tempo workout at the gym.  Well for the last 2 weeks I have missed the tempo workout.  I was in Miami the first week and at my parents' house the second week.  I felt a little guilty about missing the first 2 tempo workouts since I was the one pushing to have it.  But today I got my payback.

Tempo workouts are HARD!!!  We did 2 suicides, 12 box jumps, 12 wall balls, 12 romanian deadlifts as many rounds as possible in 30 minutes.  There was no joking around, no talking, no fun.  It was all serious business.  In addition to me and Collen, Christine, Ross and Sydney were also there this morning...only Barry was missing and of course we all are going to be giving him a hard time for it.  We got in 7 rounds plus an extra set of suicides.  Sydney beat us all...he got 8 rounds plus an extra set of suicides.

It's now 5 hours after finishing that workout and I am feeling it!  My back and legs are so sore.  Hopefully I will feel better by the time I have to work tonight!  Ugh...but at mile 7 of the half marathon, I will be glad for the tempo workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment