Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No Name and the Prowler

Instead of the normal Wednesday run, Barry, Laura and I went to the gym and did a workout with the sleds.  One is a Prowler and the other I guess is just a sled...it doesn't seem to have a name although after dragging it all over the parking lot, I think it deserves a name.  Since I don't know if there are children reading this, I will refrain from publicly posting the name I was calling it halfway through the workout!  :) 

I convinced Ryann (my teenage daughter) to come along with me.  She did half the sled workout with us then went inside to do some deadlifts.  This girl is crazy strong.  Here is a photo of her deadlifting 155 lbs.  She eventually lifted 175 lbs!  Are you kidding me?

She makes it look easy!

The rest of us did the full sled workout.  8 drags with the no name sled and 8 drags with the Prowler.  Here is Laura pulling the no name sled:

And here is Barry pushing the Prowler and me pulling the no name:

It was really hard to get the sleds going, especially the Prowler.  But once we got them moving, it was kind of fun to push/pull them as long as you ignored the burn in your leg muscles!  I kept pretending I was Ray Lewis doing practice drills.  I had my Ravens headband on after all!

6 comments:

  1. Here's something a little crazy. I thought that was YOU in the first picture until I read that it was Ryann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! She is the spitting image, isn't she? Poor kid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was you too Karen until I read your post.

    When/where is the tri you are doing? Dennis is looking to do some more this year and if it's a co-ed one he might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to get Ry above 200lbs on her deads before Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laur - I was going to send you a FB message about the Tri. The one we are trying to do is in NJ! I picked it because it says that the bike is flat and that it's a perfect one for beginners. It's on July 9th in Mays Landing NJ...I have no idea where that is. Apparently there's a lake there called Lake Lenape. It would be awesome if Dennis would do it with us! My friends Barry and Colleen are also doing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, that weekend is when I'm doing a long weekend with my high school girlfriends so I wouldn't be able to come watch you guys. I'll pass the info on to Dennis as I don't know if he's made any plans yet that weekend. I think Mays Landing is down near Atlantic City or Cape May, not sure.

    ReplyDelete